Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you all doing now with the High Torque servos on 40% aerobatic airplanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toby Slihavy
    replied
    You can get ailerons as stiff as you want by using cf veil and cf strips running down the ailerons. Use a 0.5 x 10mm cf strip. Use one on top of wing and one at bottom. I just got done doing this veil/strip combo and it’s as stiff as a 2x4. I showed this technique in one of my tip discussions in our newsletters.

Leave a comment:

• Ty Lyman
    replied
    A single HP A700 would be fine on ruder IF you can afford to lose the weight of a servo in the tail, which will be tough to do with a 200 on the front. If you need to tail weight you might as well make it functional. I would not go with a single on the ail though. It's not an issue of moving force but that a foam ail with that much surface area just does not have the torsional rigidity to handle being articulated from a single point.

Leave a comment:

• Earle Andrews
    replied
    Cam....although only a 35% Extra I'm using 3 of the Futaba A700 servos on my Krill. One each on the ailerons and rudder (pull/pull). These composite ailerons are pretty stiff plus I've added a center span CF rib. Haven't maidened it yet....although tomorrow (May 5th) is looking good here. This much servo power is overkill on a 35%, but WTH...🤣

I will say this....keep your fingers out of any pinch-point areas when you fiddling with these.....or you may be fiddling with one less digit!!!

Leave a comment:

• Rich Whitlow
    replied
    I have not used them. But I would use them on my rudder, not much different than ganging servos. I would be leery of the ailerons because you lose that second point of contact (unless you have that tube setup like the Comp Arf)

Leave a comment:

• What are you all doing now with the High Torque servos on 40% aerobatic airplanes

What are you all doing now with the High Torque servos on 40% aerobatic airplanes
    Question for you all?

What are you all doing now, on your 40% aircraft

if you have stepped up and using the newer very high torque servos

each servo that has over 800 or 1000 ou/in of torque

DO you still use two of those on the rudder?

DO you still use two on the ailerons?

Just think using one less set up on an 40% airplane cuts down the price of the servos by over 200 dollars.

But that is just as an aside.
Working...
X