No announcement yet.

COVID-19 and the Contest Schedule

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • COVID-19 and the Contest Schedule

    I wanted to give the Northeast Region a brief update our schedule. I have NOT cancelled any scheduled event, nor do I plan to direct any events be cancelled. I am, however, asking event coordinators or contest directors to consider more than just the potential of transmitting COVID-19 at your event. Many states and localities have closed restaurants, bars, and hotels that your contest may depend on to service your contestants. People camping at your field are sharing one or two porta-pots. Please include these considerations. Generally, you should be able to make a decision to cancel an event a week out. Look at the registered contestants, how far they may be travelling, and ensure that if you DO decide to cancel the event, you make that decision before contestants begin travel. Also consider advance purchases your club might be making (hamburgers, hot dogs, other food items) and decide before those items are purchased. The AMA will refund the Event Sanction fees if you ask. If you have questions or concerns, please contact me and I'll offer whatever advice or information I can.

    As far as the Season Opener at Pegasus, I plan to make the decision about a week before the contest. Hopefully things will be better understood by then.

    Brad Davy
    North East Regional Director