No announcement yet.

2020 Knowns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you everyone. Looking forward to flying and judging the 2020 sequences!

Comment

Ditto.....thank you all for the work in putting these together. Unlimited looks like a piece of cake!

Comment

Thanks for the new sequences! The hard work by committee and test pilots is much appreciated. Looks like I have some work to do on the sim this winter.

Comment

I would like clarification on the Aresti diagram for figure 3 in the 2020 Advanced routine - the Down Loop with a full roll (on the bottom). Is the roll to be completed and integrated throughout the whole loop - or just the bottom 90 degree arc, it the half-way point at the 180 degrees? Other recent schedules with elements on the bottom of a down loop have markers as I've illustrated in the right side loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Bryner View Post
            I would like clarification on the Aresti diagram for figure 3 in the 2020 Advanced routine - the Down Loop with a full roll (on the bottom). Is the roll to be completed and integrated throughout the whole loop - or just the bottom 90 degree arc, it the half-way point at the 180 degrees? Other recent schedules with elements on the bottom of a down loop have markers as I've illustrated in the right side loop.
            Hello Peter,
            Hope all is well down under. The roll must be integrated into the curvature of the loop and must be centered in addition to all the regular roll criteria, ie constant rate, etc. How much of the loop that roll takes up is up to the pilot. For instance, a pilot could start the roll 10 deg before the bottom of the loop and finish 10 deg past the bottom. On the other extreme, the roll could take up half (or more) of the loop. Marks that are sometimes found on figures are just centering reminders and have no significance regarding the start / finish of the rolling element. Hope that helps.

Comment

Thank you everyone that contributed to these sequences! They are challenging, and that's a great thing.

Comment

The 2020 Basic Known Guide PDF and PP Presentation are posted and available for download on mini-iac.org/Downloads/Trianing!

A Special Thank You to Ty Lyman (Chief Judging Instructor) and Gary Hunt (North Central Art Director) for putting these together for IMAC!
                Doug Pilcher
                IMAC Vice President
                [email protected]
                (903)647-2640

Comment

The 2019 Knowns will be pulled down shortly. If you would like a copy then grab them or if they are gone, just ask me and I can get them to you. On to 2020!!
                  Doug Pilcher
                  IMAC Vice President
                  [email protected]
                  (903)647-2640

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Bryner View Post
                    Hi Peter..... The "Hatch" marks were left out by mistake/oversight. I'm sure it will be fixed eventually. The loop should have the delineation marks displayed. As a previous Sequence Committee Chairman for 10 years, the marks are always displayed, even in the Aresti Catalog for loops.

I checked all the way back to 2002 (17 years) and this is the FIRST TIME I have seen such a thing put out for public consumption for a Known. If we look on the Unlimited, we will see that it was included there....However, the Sportsman, & Intermediate also have the marks missing.
                    Wayne
                    Last edited by Wayne Mathews; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

The roll delimiters are displayed in the hard copy catalog. However, in the Aresti software the delimiters are not displayed by default unless there is a net roll change of 180 degrees in the loop; they must be enabled manually. It was a simple over sight and has been fixed.

Comment

Thanks Ty..... I knew it would be fixed. A few Italian members also brought the issue up on the IMAC Italian Facebook page and I mentioned there that they should not cross "infect/pollinate" Scale Aerobatics rules with the FAI's F3A rules on where rolls are placed in a loop. Your fixing it will put the issue to rest.
                        C**************************** image for larger version  Name:	Thumbs up.gif Views:	1 Size:	3.9 KB ID:	1109
                        Last edited by Wayne Mathews; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

As a new Basic pilot who started practicing late last year I appreciate the sequences as well as the Guides.
                          Very helpful to us newbies!

Comment

Working...
                          X